Wednesday, April 23, 2008
-Today is hate day!-
So i changed my mind about working at the first telemarketing company. I'm not superwoman afterall. So i'm left with the night telemarketing which would earn me a pittance sum of $400++ a month. Plus the M1 roadshows of $280 per month. That means only $600+ a month! Ahh! Damn little lah!
Anyway, being a telemarketer makes you like the number one enemy of everybody you call. Typical answers ranges from "I'm not free" to "I'm not interested". The most fantastic answer i came across was this:
Me: Hello, may i speak to Mr. xxx?
Mr. xxx: Yes, speaking. May i know who is on the line?
Me: I'm L calling from yyy on behalf of xxx company. May i know if its convenient to apeak with you now?
Mr. xxx: Hello? Hello? Hello...*dial tone*
The most stupid thing was, i even answered to his hellos. Like i sincerely believed that he couldn't hear me. And it was only when the dial tone replaced the hellos did i realise that he was bluffing with the hellos.
And of course i did not introduce myself as L lah. It was just that the company required us to use a christian name and i had to think of one on the spot so i ended up with a name that's, how should i put it? Erm...interesting. To know what it is, you have to bribe me with chocolates. GF, you owe me one box. Don't forget!
And since i have to walk this whole stretch to the station, i was able to admire the skyscrapers at night. I have to say they are beautiful. And the tranquility of the CBD area at night as compared to the hustle and bustle of the office hours is such a different experience.
Oh. I have to explain why today is hate day. Too tired to do it now so i shall save it for next time.