Monday, August 04, 2008
-Of Rich Kids and Insecurities-
You know how it is that those who goes overseas for studies are supposedly rich and can afford anything right? Well, after hanging out with the kids from Singapore for a few days, i realise that is so totally true. Most of their parents are bosses of small businesses or are holding high ranking jobs in companies.
This is really depressing because i know that my family is not rich and it is putting a huge strain on my family finances for my parents to send me here. And now i'm starting to wonder if it was at all a good decision to come here to study. I should have just settled for studying at SIM or perhaps working first before deciding to further my studies.
And the amount of money my parents are spending means that there's added pressure for me to perform well. But after sitting through 2 weeks of lecture, i must say i am getting pretty worried if i'm capable of living up to their expectations. Its the third week now and i have an assignment due in week 5 and i have absolutely no idea how to go about starting on it.
GOD! A little too late to doubt myself now don't you think? I'm missing everyone and everything in Singapore! I don't want to stay here anymore. I don't have any motivation to study! How did i make it through Polytechnic in the first place?
Now i'm fussing like a small kid. But seriously. I don't know if i'm goin to make it through.