Wednesday, December 31, 2008
-The Past-
As the year draws to an end, i look back and realise that a lot has changed in my life.
For one, i've graduated from poly and am now studying in Brisbane. Never have i thought that my dream of studying overseas would come true. New friendships have been forged and old ones kept close to my heart.
I lost in a relationship that wasn't meant to be in the first place but gained friends whom i know would always be there.
I travelled overseas and experienced a totally different way of life and studying method.
Since i had nothing to do, i looked through my older posts, from when i was fresh out of the relationship. I could not believe i was so angry then. All my posts were filled with so much anger and hatred. My mood swings were way out of control too. One moment i was forgiving and understanding, while the next i was angry and blaming everybody, then i would be suicidal. It was like i was a completely different person.
I've got to apologise for what i wrote because it was written in the heat of the moment - I did not mean it. Okay, maybe at that point in time i meant it but not anymore. I sincerely apologise. I'm sorry.
I'm glad i got over that stupid emotional phase in my life.
Lost friends have reappeared in my life and some that i previously thought were my friends disappointed me time and again. Something a friend said struck a chord in me - there are different types of people you will meet in your life. Only a handful of them will become your lifelong friends. A majority of them will become your seasonal friends, which are the kind that would be really close to you for a certain period of your life and then just fade into oblivion.
It made me think about the people i met throughout my short 20 years of life and i realised how true the statement was. It is always sad to find out that a friend was not who you thought they were but this is all part and parcel of life.
Just like how we are constantly forced to make different choices in our life. We may not always make the right one but it is how we deal with the choices we make that matters.